Monday, September 22, 2008

Self Assignments . . .

Hello boys and girls, so I am sorry that I've not been posting too many recipes on this blog lately. I've been kinda busy, as many of you know I took a job as the director of photography at cabedge.com. SO, I've got a little less time to goof off in the kitchen. Don't get me wrong, it I knew having a job would have been this fun I would have jumped off that freelance wagon a few years ago . . . or maybe not. ANYWAY, I'm going to to start using this blog as a little more of a multi purpose brain dump. I will still be posting delicious recipes, just adding some new stuff as well.

Couple of links for you before I contiune:


Also, check out my "blog roll" over on the right hand column, so of my peeps and such. Now, after all that advertising here's my new "self-assignment." 36 Photos.

Here are the rules:
  • no auto focus
  • no auto exposure (like I do that anytime)
  • no light meter, that's right - I'll be guessing at my exposure
  • no specific subject, the photos have to be "random" - I'm not going to say hey let's go for a walk and find some cool signs, nope. I'll just go on a walk and see what happens.
  • although I'll be shooting digitally, no retouching. I'll still use the digital darkroom that is light room.
  • no 2 shots of the samething, I'm not going to shoot a stop sign from behind and then turn around and shoot it from the front, at least not as the primary subject matter.
  • NEW RULE - the last photograph has to taken within in 36 minutes.
  • I will post ALL the photos on flickr; good, bad, ugly, and brilliant.

So the shoot went really well! I used 24 of my 36 minutes and only grossly missed my exposure on 2 shots! Better than I expected . . .

Here are a few of my favorites . . .









See all the photos here :


No comments: