Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sorry!!

Hey guys and gals,

I'm sorry I have not posted in a while! I promise I'll be better. I'm gonna' drop a few recipe ideas here, not whole meals or whatever, just some ideas. Thanks and I'll be better about posting more regularly!

Egg Sammy for Breakfast.

I toasted an English muffin, butter on one side, mayo on the other, fried up an egg (I like mine runny in the middle), dropped that on the toasted English muffin with a slice of tomato and a piece of extra sharp cheddar . . . ahhh, that's what daddy's talking about.

Tofu-ness

So, I've been putting tofu in my salads lately and sometimes it kinda' kills the flavor, so I thought, tofu is a flavor "magnet," right? Toss a handful of firm tofu in a mix of soy sauce, ranch dressing, and some garlic powder, 'fridge that stuff (in the marinade) over night. Put that in your salad and SNAP! That's some good bean curd. :) Replace the ranch with a dressing of choice, that's just what I had handy.

No mozzarella for your Lasagna?

No worries, it'll never be the same, but it's good and references the flavor and texture of parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Mix about a half cup or so of plain bread crumbs in with an egg, a decent amount of salt (a little more that you would usually add) and set that aside, now in a sauce pan drizzle about 3 tablespoons of olive oil into a medium hot skillet add a few tablespoons of flour - till it looks like wet sand - cook that up on medium for about 5 to 10 minutes, stiring frequently. Just make sure it doesn't go brown on you. Pull that off the heat and into a bowl to cool. Go get the other elements for the rest of the lasagna together. Now once the flower oil mixture is cool add just enough of the breadcrumb and egg mix to get a wet paste, lather that on in between the layers of noodles and sauce and cook as normal. Beleive me, it's not bad - not a good as real cheese but worth trying. You may need to double or triple the proportions of this for a larger lasagna.

That's all for tonight!

No comments: